- Lenght : 3-8 days
- Group : 2-6 persons
- Grade : easy
- Accommodation : accommodation choice
- Date: Nov 01- April 30
- Land cost : prices per pers. (updated on 2012-12-09)
You will find in this booklet all the travel information, the route day by day, detailed and technical information about the price basic dates, surcharges and discounts, equipment list…
On most of our tours and trekkings, a special 10% early booking discount will apply if you book your trip more than 150 days (5 months) prior to trip departure and 5% if you book more than 120 days (4 month) prior to trip departure.
This discount doesn’t apply for:
- Private groups
- A la carte trips
- Reykjavik accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Small group surcharge
- Individual extensions
- Children (already discounted)
(Early booking discount is shared equaly between Fjallabak and his professional partners)
For questions and comments, please send us a few lines and we will contact you.
1. Self-drive in winter > 3-8 days
October 01 to April 30
SNOW, ICE, WARM POOLS & NORTHERN LIGHTS
Majestic at the end of winter and at the beginning of spring, Iceland, seldom visited at this season, keeps all its mystery. At the end of the night, when the light goes up with promises of rebirth, we like to explore the country and check that the summer will return. The immense little country is for us alone, uncertain weather, hot water for delicious bath, volcanoes covered with snow, the last northern lights, horses that look like “cuddly” toys, reindeers which cross your road as in Lascaux, a stubborn 4x4 vehicle, comfortable lodgings, kitchen recipes, stories, legends… Because of black ice we recommand that you travel 4wd unless you are a champion rally driver from Finland. In case of eavy snowfall a 4wd will allow you to go further.
BUILD YOUR OWN ITINERARY WITH OUR ASSISTANCE!
Fjallabak, Icelandic local provider, is the ideal partner for you for its long familiarity with all Iceland aspects. We know every road, every trails and every one in the country.
- Either you want to discover a great country, which you know nearly nothing about and you rely on us for our knowledge and expertise.
- Either you submit to us a route you have already studied and we discuss it to see if your plan is realistic.
- Either you are located just between the two: You do not know much about the country, but you really want to see certain places, a special bird, whales, etc..
To build a tailor made journey takes some more time than to book a series product. If we feel that confidence is established between us, then here comes the chronological order of our collaboration and its different stages:
And how this will proceed:
- Start by checking here in on this page the section Trip Documents (green section). You will find here a table allowing you to have a first idea of the budget needed for your trip (per person) depending on 1-the duration, 2-the type of vehicle and 3- the type of accommodation
- Get you a general map of Iceland if you can
- Contact us by e-mail: email@example.com specify if you've already travelled in Iceland before and in few words where. Give us a rough idea of your plan, the period, the duration of your trip and the intended route, your wish for the vehicle type, the accommodation that would like in priority or if you have nothing against mixing different types of accommodation, etc. and finally an ideal maximum budget for the all land cost by person or for all your party
- Then we will send you back a first quote and a draft itinerary (usually takes a couple of days)
- If the price of our first quote exceeds your budget, the solutions are the following: to reduce the duration of your trip and / or opt for a simpler class of accommodation and / or vehicle to a lower category
- When you are ready to accept the terms of the latest quote you receive from us, you must confirm back the dates of your trip for arrival and departure
- When the dates of your flights are fixed, we will install online in our website a secure folder for you and you will receive a confidential access code to complete your registration form and pay the deposit secure payment which is 30% of the trip price
- When we have received the self-acting confirmation of your booking, then we will launch the bookings for the vehicle, accommodation around the country and other services you might need: domestic flights, ferries, equipment rental, etc.
- Depending on the availability of accommodations, if prices should exceed 5% of the price announced in our last quote, we will contact you for approval
- We will send you in time an invoice and a warning to remind you to make the online final balance payment of the balance 60 days prior to your arrival. Discount and / or extra charges if any, will appear in this invoice and in the final balance payment
- When full payment has been made, we will send you a annotated road map of Iceland with practical indication together with the final table road book (as a spreadsheet) and vouchers for your car, for your accommodation and other possible services.
- Those documents (except the map), according to your wishes, will be sent to you, either as attachments via e-mail or on printed paper by post mail
Welcome to Iceland, have a good and safe trip! And remember, that from our office in Reykjavik, we are always there to assist you on the road in case of any trouble